Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pics: Last Time in Oxford, NZ!! Goodbye Shaskeys!!

I ended up staying 2 months on the S.Island of NZ. I am really glad I did. One day, when I was hiking up one of the mountains with some friends, I had a thought, "What's your hurry?" Like God was asking me why I felt like I had to keep moving, traveling on to Australia, India, etc. Well, I answered, uhh, I guess nothing. Ok. I'm not in a hurry. I don't have to be. I can just enjoy being RIGHT HERE. Hmmm. I wish I would remember that lesson. (In hindsight, God took care of timing everything just right, getting to Australia and India, and I didn't have to help Him a bit.) So I stayed with the Shaskey's on the S.Island, in their beautiful town of Oxford, right outside of Christchurch. It's where God spoke through a pastor, "restoration, God is working restoration in your life"; where God gave me my theme verse for the trip, Psalm 84, "blessed are those who have set their hearts on pilgrimage, they go from strength to strength until each appears before God in Zion"; where God gave me Song of Songs 2 for me - that springtime was coming into my life, winter was past; and where I met and lived with my dear NZ family, the Shaskey's; having many talks and prayers with Annette, my NZ mum; playing Lord of the Rings w/ my NZ lil' bro, Daniel (aka Legolis); hanging out, talking and playing sports with my NZ sis Tammy. And I got to help bring in the cows and hear the dreams of my NZ pop, Garry.

No comments: