Friday, May 18, 2007

Psalm 46: A Word For The Bungy Jumper!!

So here it is: The famous Psalm 46... probably not originally written
with Bungy Jumping in mind; but it was a WORD FROM GOD for ME!
(I woke up that morning w/ it on my mind, I didn't know what it said, so
I looked it up, and I was quite amazed... and encouraged! It was still really
CRAAAAZZYYY to do, but God's word gave me CONFIDENCE!)

Psalm 46
"God is our REFUGE and STRENGTH,
An EVER-PRESENT HELP in TROUBLE.
(bungy jumping does apply here)
Therefore we will NOT FEAR, though the earth give way
(as I jump)
and the mountains (canyon walls) fall into the heart of the sea (river),
(as I'm falling)...
God is WITHIN HER, SHE WILL NOT FALL;
(Can you believe this was in here? I was really amazed at how good God is...
He knows His word... and He can bring it to mind when we need it!!!)
God WILL HELP HER at break of day...
'Be still and know that I AM GOD;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'...
The LORD ALMIGHTY is WITH US.
The God of Jacob is OUR FORTRESS.
Selah."
AMEN!!!!!

2 comments:

sharon at tech said...

ERICKA!!!!!!
You Go Girl !!!!!!!!!!
I know that you are having the time of your life on this adventure. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
FYI- Tech New: Sarah N. should have had labor induced today so hopefully there is another wonderful girl in the world this evening. :-)
I hope someday she too will have great adventures such as yours.

LKS & RAS said...

Way to go, Ericka!!!

As a diving judge, I would score it an 8.0.

As you leaned off the platform your hands automatically went together into a diving position over your head. Your arms and body were straight all through the initial 'dive'. You continued to hold your form through the 3 or 4 bounces - even as you were screaming!

But your toes were not pointed. Of course you couldn't due to the towel and strap - but, that's life.

Topping it off, you didn't even faint................!!!

I guess I'll have to try it some day to see if I can do better at bungee jumping than I did when I first parachuted out of that Cessna 182 in Anderson, IN when you were 16.

Your mother and I are very proud of you. Just DON'T DO IT AGAIN, OK? That is unless the Lord again whispers in your ear that it is OK!

About 38 years ago your great grandma Smiley commented to me after a death defying (four times over) flying trip to Florida in a Cessna 172 that I had rented: "Lawrence you sure keep the Lord's angels busy watchin over you!"

At the time my spiritual walk was essentially non-existant, so I just smiled and agreed with her without much further thought. That is until many years later (like now) when I know in my heart of hearts that she was 100% right.

Ericka, you too are keeping the Lord's angels busy not only watching OVER you, but also watching your BACK, FRONT and SIDES!

The difference between me then and you now is that you pray before, hear HIS Still Small Voice telling you of your next step, encouraging you and assuring you of His protection; and then 'just doing it' - knowing that you are experiencing life in His freedom to the max!!!!

You, Ericka are special. We love you more than you will ever know - and lift you up in prayer many times a day! And, you know what young lady? When we read your many adventures, you likewise lift our spirits.

Again, congratulations, Ericka. Way to go! A high five to you! You ARE a very special young lady!

Love,
Dad 5/18/07