Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pics: Mt. Cook,, Church of Good Shepherd, & Looking Stupid

Do you want to see some beautiful country? Go to the South Island of New Zealand. Seriously. Erina and I drove through a back, one-way-in, one-way-out road to Mt. Cook - which we ended up not being able to see because of clouds. Nonetheless, it was one of the prettiest drives I have ever been on, rivaling Wanaka NZ and Switzerland. Mountains, lakes, clouds, fall colors; can you do better than that? Erina and I stopped by this small church built on the waterfront, called Church of the Good Shepherd. Honestly, I don't think you need a building to have church in those surroundings. I walked behind the church and stood on the rocks overlooking the water. I decided to sing love songs to Jesus. I felt stupid at first; what if someone hears me, or watches me; will they think I'm crazy? But I really do love Jesus, and I wanted to tell Him. I closed my eyes and even raised my hands half-way (still a little timid to do the full-arm reach) and started to sing. Erina told me later that a tour bus of Korean people had come to the church and they stood behind me, raising their hands in the exact-same 1/2 way position, and quietly sang the same songs. Honestly I had no idea. But when I heard that, I was glad I decided to look stupid.

No comments: