Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pics: Queenstown, Bungy, Travel, Dreams

In NZ I met one of my twin sisters from whom I was separated at birth. Not really, but
you know how WHOAH it is to meet someone whom you think, "this person has to be me."
But they're not. But its pretty close. Well, that's what happened when I met Erina.
She doesn't really look like me, she has beautiful chocolate brown skin, and mine is more
of a peachy tone, but I'm telling you, we are twins. She happened to be traveling around the
world with Jesus in the other direction. Do a lot of people do this? And we happened to meet
at Light House church in Wanaka. She was in the last part of her trip, having come from London (if you ever get to hear a black girl talk with a British accent, it is SO COOL), traveling thru Uganda, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. Her last stop was to be the U.S., so I was glad to get to send her to my friends when she drove thru Indiana. And later she told me she loved America, because of the people she met and stayed with... amazing what a little hospitality can do. Back to NZ: Erina and Ericka (doesn't it sound like we're twins?) and Melanie, another beautiful sister from Australia, drove from Wanaka to Queenstown, the famous place in all of NZ for extreme sports. It was there that I chose to do my bungee jump. The three of us had a grand time together. I was impressed with how enterprising both Erina and Melanie were. Melanie was dreaming, and pursuing a dream, of starting a make-up beauty line called Fruits of the Spirit. She had been working on it for about 5 years. Market research, manufacturers, searching for the right ingredients, wow. And she always dreamed of living in Spain, so she was going to go there to "suss it out" (which I think is Australian for check it out and see about possibilities).
Erina had a dream, birthed in S.Africa, to start a Zeen, which is a one-page magazine, that she wanted to distribute in all the underground metro systems of London. The Zeen would be full of real life stories about young people who are living out their faith in Jesus. Her dream is to inspire a new faith life in the upcoming generation in what she sees as a spiritually dying London. I was so amazed as I listened to both girls. Would they be able to do what they were dreaming? What dreams to I have?

No comments: