Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harrison Ford, The BRIDGE, and Ericka

God continues to amaze me, step by step by step by step of this Journey with Him. He is CONSTANTLY providing for me, opening doors, making connections, and just WOWing me.
Its like the Indina Jones movie, where Harrison Ford is at the edge of a huge cliff, thousands of feet above a rushing river and hundreds of feet across to the other side. The bad guys are coming, and he's basically dead unless he can cross. The cool thing is, he read somewhere that if you step out in the thin air, a bridge will form, but you have to have faith. AHHHHHHHH. That is SCARY!! But with no other choice, he decides to try it. One big step, foot going out and down, down, down... and then wham. It hits something solid. Whoah. Something materialized out of thin air underneath him. He tentatively puts his weight on it, after all, this is his life, and he really doesn't want to fall 1,000's of feet to his death. Now with his full weight on this new miracle ledge, he puts his foot out again to take one more step, carefully, down, down, and wham, another solid footing is found in thin air... the bridge is indeed materializing right before his eyes; and it wasn't there before. Incredulously and then with amazed laughter and greater and greater confidence, Ford makes it across the entire chasm and ends up safely on the other side. It was a MIRACLE... but it took him stepping out to get there, and to make the bridge appear.
That's what I feel like on this trip. So often, like every day, I have no idea what is out in front of me. I have no idea what I'll do, or where I'll go, or who I'll stay with. But I'll tell you what. God is AMAZING at making that bridge appear under my feet. EVERY TIME. EVERY TIME. Wow.
And I'm so thankful for the people who think about me to pray for me. That, I know, is part of how God is working and using to bless this trip; to help open doors, provide protection, and strengthen me when I'm down, or whatever. He really is an AMAZING DAD... and you all are an amazing Family.
So I'll try to give you some stories to show you what I mean... Its so cool.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi, Ericka! So glad for the TP for you now, and so glad you aren't afraid to keep going, Indiana Smiley style. :-)