Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pics: S.Africa, passing thru JoBurg, Cape Town Intro

Flew into Johannesburg (Joburg) early morning... Chilly air, and I LOVED it - 1st time since N.India!! (HK was humid.)

Another amazing story of provision for my lodging in JoBurg...


I didn't have contacts, called a number found on YWAM thru Internet, was Carol's cell number, she answered.

After telling her my need of a place to sleep, and finding out when i was coming and when i was flying out - she told me i couldn't stay at base, but that i could stay AT HER HOUSE, and that SHE WOULD PICK ME UP and DROP ME OFF at the airport.

I didn't know her at all, and she didn't know me... this was absolutely amazing, and the day before i flew out.

Later, people told me that what happened was NOT like Carol at all - normally she tells backpackers to find their own place to stay and transportation. I'm SO THANKFUL. wow. I want to be hospitable like Carol showed to me.

I met Roxanne, who became a dear sister, works w/ YWAM in JOburg. Flew to Cape Town, picked up at airport by Cedric, wonderful man who loves God (his little boy, Ravaldo, is pictured next to me w/ glasses).

Cape Town reminded me of a California beach town/city - beautiful coastal views. rainbows. Sunbursts. gorgeous artwork of the Master Artist. Stayed w/ Floyd and Sally McClung's ministry - All Nations - at joined up with a team of 20 from MICHIGAN! After the initial group-culture-shock (being back w/ Americans and being with a BIG group, rather than being solo w/ God), they quickly became my family.

It was SO SO SO good to be with all of them. They loved me like i was a part of their team. Great group of people. We went site-seeing around Cape Town on a windy day; port city... My dear sis, Laurie (lots of great conversations)... those are the best team mom's!! (they cleaned up some crazy stuff & loved and cared for us all.)

2 leaders from previous week, great to meet them & see their care for others. Our team house, down in the room where lots of card games and team meetings went on. Scenery around our house. My roommates from Oklahoma (another team there) who helped tell me about the Baby House in Mozambique. Another sunset over the Atlantic.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: