Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pics: Hong Kong! 4 Day Lay Over

I'm in Hong Kong, staying at a YWAM base, for my 4-day layover. Twenty minutes before heading for the airport to fly out of India, I read the email saying there was an opening for me to stay. This was an amazing miracle, after praying all day while visiting my mom's school in Delhi.

Not only was there an open invitation, but also detailed directions, what bus to take, what to say to the taxi in Cantonese, how much it would all cost... God's provision thru this great hospitality.


View Larger Map


Flew in to HK: looks like a tropical island, steamy, like a July day in Indiana; LOVED being back in China/Asia - was in China back in college, so great to return!! Street signs, lights, stores, that's a picture of my friend, Steve Barton, from Gunnison - i didn't know he was an eye glasses model! (or maybe its his twin?)

Day 2 or 3 I asked my new friend J if he knew of any sports places around... I was getting restless and wanted to play... he took me and his friend to the basketball courts and we took on the HK nationals! It was quite a competition. They won. But it was a good match and we made some new friends.

Fat Man Shoes - we liked that sign. One of the ywam'ers, their view from home - beautiful green hills all around. The metro - REALLY CLEAN. Everything was. Esp compared to just coming from India. Quite a contrast.

Day 3 or 4 J and friend and I went to see the night lights from up on a hill above the city... we saw the every night 8pm light show - really cool, all the building lights lit up to music... then rode the farey across to the other side where we took a taxi up to the top of the mountain. I was really thankful to have my friends - J spoke cantonese and manderine like a pro.

Double shots from up above... it was CROWDED up there, everyone thought it was a good idea that night to visit. Picture of metro map of HK - great system, easy to use, nice they have Cantonese, Manderine, and ENGLISH - i was really thankful.

The night I left, I didn't know if i would have a seat on my flight - there were none available, I just had to go by faith and see if something opened up. 10 min before the flight left for Johannesburg, South Africa... they found a seat for me... i was SO SO SO amazed at how God continued to take care of me and provide AMAZINGLY every step of the way.


View Larger Map
Posted by Picasa

No comments: