Friday, June 22, 2007

Pics: Mumbai, India; Bandra East Community

Bandra East Community Center
In Mumbai, we had the opportunity to visit a community center that serves
the beautiful people of the surrounding area (largely slums - small, close houses,
open sewage, trash everywhere, stinky, flies, BEAUTIFUL people)...
We played lots of games - Cricket!! (like baseball) a little soccer (football), and
some basketball (w/out the basket - but who needs that anyway?)... They take in street kids, have computer classes, sewing classes, classes for the older women, feed the children, and help get them in the nearby schools... where they have 70 students PER CLASS!!!! And I was complaining with 35!!!)
I was sporting my new Indian wear - like a long night gown w/ loose pants/draw string (I think so that I could have a baby in my body, if need be),
and of course the draped around scarf.
It was a fun day, and hopefully made some connections for the future...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: