Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Surfing Results in email to Gunnison, CO

Hi Dear Gunny family,
Just wanted to drop a quick line to say - guess where I am and who I'm hanging/hung out with?
In Sydney, Australia with Tamara Coleman (residence hall person/foundry) and Becky Sears (bio prof/younger/foundry).
It has been the coolest thing!  Surfing stories below . . .



Megan and Tamara emailed me to say that T. was in Sydney... (I had forgotten)... and then found out that Becky was flying in WED of last week... and I flew in Thursday! It was so awesome! 2 people coming to Sydney at the same time, both from Gunny!! We all agreed and were really thankful for this GRAND coincidence... but we really think it was orchestrated by God, and we are blessed!

We got to re-live all our beautiful Gunnison memories and talk about all of you guys! :) :) :) (B/c that's what you do when you're away from friends and you meet up w/ people from the same place!)

So we hope you're all doing well... I think spring time would be coming... or is full-on now...
here it's autumn - and may get to winter. :)

Tamara is doing a GREAT job in her international grad school courses! I'm glad to report she is a pro and is shining like a star wherever she goes and whatever she does! So many people love her down here! Becky came here to meet up w/ another friend and help her do some research for the summer (winter) - and I'm happy to report she is a super surfer pro!

Surfing

Yes, we tried it, and here were the results: Becky - AMAZING! Seriously, I think she got up every time. Solid performance.

Tamara - next best; quite expressive in her moves, and lots of laughter... and yes, she even stood up, i think once, if not 2x... (Afterwards, she talked to an Iranian fashion model. He approached us and showed us pictures of himself on his phone.)

Finally, me... can't say that the performance was too great. I liked to ride in on the board on my belly - it seemed to be more fun! I think I did get to my feet once, but fell off soon enough! :) We will try again!

I'm going to try to put up some video footage of our attempts - they're quite humorous. so stay tuned.

Blessings to you guys! (Becky headed on this afternoon... and I'm still here. Hopefully will head north this weekend, and maybe get to scuba or snorkel in the GBR!!!! Exciting.)

Have a WONDERFUL summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love,
ericka :)

No comments: