Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reef Scuba, Opals, Blisters, & Sydney

Posted by Picasa
Here are some pics from the Great Barrier Reef.
It was all under water, so you really can't see much.
When you look at the water pics - see if you can tell the different blues.
One is water, the other is coral (under water).
Lots of cool HUMONGOUS clams, beautiful fish, rough coral, and fun turtles (those big Finding Nemo ones). I had lots of fun w/ our boat crew and other passengers. We made 6 dives!!!!
Even a night one - the lights made it look like Star Wars under water w/ our light sabers. That is a picture of the boat I stayed on for a 2 day, 1 night trip. It was great - and seeing the stars at night w/ the southern cross, wow. And the sunrise.
When I got back to Cairns (pronounced CANS), I bought a beautiful opal for a ring. It was a gift from God for me. Its my birth stone. (October) I love the fire in it.
I stayed at a hostel in Cairns and doctored my foot. 6 dives and my heel had had it with my fins. It was the 1st time I used my 1st aid kit on the whole trip... 4 months, amazing.
Then I flew back to sydney and got to attend the most BEAUTIFUL symphony I have ever heard. They played Beethovan or something, and it sounded like water flowing over smooth stones. Wow. It was like I was in heaven, listening to God be the Master Conductor of the Universe. Then I got to help Tamara & Nadia celebrate God's provision of a beautiful condo to live in, located in a fun part of sydney. The next morning, I got on a train to the airport... on my way to India... and right before I left, I got an email from my brother saying that he was coming to travel with me! I couldn't believe it! It was an amazing gift from God and from my brother.

No comments: