Thursday, April 5, 2007

Pics: Pucon, Chile (volcano) (3/5)

Pucon, Chile... Volcano Land!

Rode a bus down from Santiago... joined up w/ a big group of Canadian student backpackers... Took a walk up to a cemetary overlooking the city, spent a few hours relaxing by lake, wonderful view of the Volcano!, Rested @ a nice lady's hostel and drank some famous NecTAR :), Took a HORSE ride up into the mountains w/ some French and S.Americans, Saw a beautiful waterfall, and then headed on bus to Temuco!

2 comments:

mandanichole said...

so, did you just travel by yourself at first and then hook up with ywams around the world? You are doing what i want to do but I wanted to see how you were really doing it.

Ericka Smiley said...

Hi Amanda,
I wanted to travel around the world, but nobody could go with me. I prayed about it a lot, worried that I was single and a girl, and maybe it was stupid to do this. But I felt like God kept impressing on my heart that HE would be with me and he would be my travel companion. It was scary to trust him so completely, but I was amazed with what I discovered. God is my Heavenly Father, in every sense of the word and more. I started with emailing people I knew in different places I wanted to visit. Some couldn't take me, others could. I also got contacts from friends of family/friends. If I didn't have any contacts, I could look online for a YWAM base. Sometimes they couldn't take me. But on my journey, one door always opened, even when it was at the very last minute. I pray that the Lord directs your steps and takes you on great adventures with Him. The color blue represents to me God's presence, protection, and provision. May you have much blue in your life! :)