Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Pics: NZ, South Island_Climbing Mt.Oxford Jr.


I went w/ the YWAM base - staff and some students - up to the highest peak around
Oxford, our little town... Mt. Oxford! The track wasn't labeled too great, so we ended up on
another peak!! But we had fun anyway!!! Big Lesson: We made it up to one ridge, and stopped
there to read some Psalms, talk to Jesus; and then some of us kept going... on to another ridge...
and then 4 of us kept going to the TOP... each place we saw different views... and it kept getting better and better... The very top one brought us over a ridge that allowed us to see the whole back section of the valley, with huge, towering mountains stretching out to the horizon - and we hadn't been able to see any of these until we got to the top!! So it made me WANT to CLIMB TO THE HEIGHTS WITH JESUS. Whatever that means. I WANT ALL that He has for me/for my life. I don't want to stop on a ridge, just because its comfortable, I want to keep going... and HE GAVE us strength, step by step, to make it to the top... so Jesus, Lead ON!!

The final pics are of our whole team at the end, a cow, a cool hot air balloon one morning, and the beautiful sunset behind the mountains we see from Oxford. Really beautiful.

No comments: