Monday, March 5, 2007

Pics: Lake Titicaca, Bolivia

Solo Trip Up to Lake Titicaca!

Took a bus from La Paz to Copacabana... Beautiful, HUGE, Blue, Lake Titicaca...
Largest, Highest Freshwater Lake...
Interesting boats - Motor, Sail, & Reed Monster-looking-things!
Met some new friends - Christian Chilean girl & parents, my little guide (orange shirt),
2 girls who let me take a picture of their pet Llama (pronounced "yah-ma")
and then charged me a $1 for it!!
Hillside near lake (maybe for agriculture), street market stand,
and poor/barrenness of the Alto (upper La Paz).
Indian dancers in traditional dress - wear it everyday.
View from my lodging up above the Lake, at Island of the Sun.
(God showed me Leviticus 26:12,13 "I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people. I am hte LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would NO LONGER be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with your HEADS HELD HIGH.")

No comments: