Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In Joburg, Maybe Leaving?

Hi guys,
quick note... may get on a flight tomorrow if the Lord opens a door.
All seats are booked and there has been a lot of work that had to be done
(and still is in process) to get me on a seat to Nairobi...

i'll know tomorrow.

why is this such a big deal? well, its kind of a step of faith.


back when i was in mozambique, i found out all seats to Nairobi were booked full for another 2 weeks, so i had the choice of whether i stay there for another week (with some ADORABLE babies), return to joburg to help at a ywam after school program in the city, return to cape town to help out there, OR to return to Jburg and see if the Lord would open a seat to get to nairobi early... basically in faith that He can open anything, have one seat open for me on a full flight. impossible for man, possible for God.

I felt like the Lord asked me, "What do you WANT to do?"

Well, I'd really like to get to Nairobi earlier... so i can have a full 3 weeks there and spend quality time w/ people there.

So then i took steps, scary ones, b/c i didn't know how it would end... and got on a bus back to Joburg and have been talking to the airlines for the past 2 days...
in the end it will save me, i hope $500, maybe $1000... b/c well, too much to explain, but it would save me. Thank you, God!!

(but in the meantime there are details the airlines have to get sorted.)

so here i sit, not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow... but encouraged by emails saying people are praying and to know that i can Trust Him.

I just felt like He asked me what I wanted to do, I told Him, and now I'm stepping out and doing the work to see if He will open a door.

Its a 1 in a million shot that it will work - b/c of information that still has to be processed tomorrow, the airlines (another company) have to agree to reprint some tickets, there has to be a seat open (and its all booked now - full), and then i have to make my connecting flight from London to Nairobi... (which may also be full) [i'm flying thru london to save the $500 - worth it to me!]

So, if you're walking with me, say a prayer that God does the miraculous tomorrow.
He can.

i'm tired now, but will be interesting to see what God does.

love to you all!!! Thanks so much for your love and your prayers and your encouragement.
it lifts me up!!!

ericka :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

One more person praying for you...