Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tiberius, Sea of Galilee, ISRAEL

Posted by Picasa
Todd and Rose Horton (and their 3 beautiful children), with Touched By Grace Ministries, were my wonderful hosts in Tiberius.  (My friends from Indy, Natalie and Doug Crane, connected me with them!  Thank you!!!)  Tiberius is in northern Israel, right on the southwestern shore of the Sea of Galilee - which really looks like a large lake!  It was so amazing to be there.  To walk where Jesus walked with his followers, to visit Caparnaum (where Peter, James, and John were from - on the northern shore of the Lake); to ride a modern-day boat that was designed to look like the fisher boats during Jesus' time; to imagine Jesus walking across the Lake; to imagine him saying to the winds and the waves, "Peace, be Still!"; to see the mountainside where Jesus may have taught the Beatitudes; to go to the Jordan River at the southern shore of the Lake and swim near where Jesus was baptized and the dove came out of heaven and said, "Behold, this is My Son, with him I am well pleased"; WOW.  I think that every person who loves Jesus should visit Israel and go up to the Galilee area where Jesus spent so much of his ministry time during the three years from his baptism to his death on the cross.  It is a beautiful land, with a lot of lush, green fields that grow citrus fruits, olives, grapes, etc.
Todd and Rose were amazing hosts; we ate Shabbot dinner together (Friday night of Sabbath, the family eats a meal together with symbolic elements) and met some of their friends.  I learned so much from them about who I am in Christ and trusting Him, and they took me around to see the sites in the area.  It was such a blessing to stay with them.  The Lord has provided them with a castle to live in!!!  It is the home of the lady who was Todd's boss, and they are renting from her for a very good price.  (It's not really a castle, but I think it looks like a palace!)  The room I stayed in walked out onto a patio on the 2nd floor that looked down onto the Sea of Galilee.  It was beautiful.
Thanks, Father!  And thanks, Todd & Rose, for your hospitality!! 

No comments: