Sunday, October 7, 2007

Birthday Adventures!

Happy Birthday to me!!! :)
My brothers always would laugh at me for announcing my
own birthday, but i'm celebrating!!!! yippeeee!!!!! :)


Today, Oct. 7, 2007 is my birthday!!!! yea!!!!!


It is a beautiful day in Sharma El Sheikh, Egypt...



I took a bus from Cairo to here; right at the Red Sea,
where the 2 fingers of the Red Sea join by the Hand,
does that make sense??


So cool to be near Mt. Sinai!!!! For any of you Bible buffs,
that is the place where some major things happened...
Moses hung out here for about 40 years before heading
back to Egypt to get God's people; God spoke to him, called
him to this great "freedom task" from a burning bush near here
(i don't know if i'll get to see the bush; wouldn't that be sweet!);
and then when they traveled back thru this land (it is HOT here,
God amazingly sustained them!! and their shoes didn't wear out;
that IS something... its just lots of sand and sandy cliffs, and jagged
dramatic mountains...) God gave His BIG covenant to the people,
thru His directions of living in the 10 Commandments!!!


So tonight, I'm going to ride a camel into the desert and watch the
sunset over those dramatic mountains!!! and then Mon i'm going
to scuba in the Red Sea (supposed to be beautiful, we'll see how it
compares to the GB reef!); then Tues pm I get to climb "Moses' Mountain" (Mt. Sinai) with a group and watch the SUNRISE!!!!
What an amazing birthday weekend!!!!


Thank you, FATHER!!! you are such a wonderful wonderful caring
loving providing in everything DAD!!!!



blessings to each of you! i pray you would know God to be a good Father in the quiet places of your hearts. See Him, recognize Him, Thank Him, and LOVE Him.



love and smiles!!

ericka :)

3 comments:

susie young said...

Erika, Oh myyyy. First of all, I had no idea you were on this amazing adventure until yesterday when Ron forwarded me an email from HCS sent out by your mother! I have read every word of your blog and just wanted you to know what an incredible blessing it has been to me. To hear your stories and lessons of trust and how God provides is such an encouragement to me! I look forward to reading more of your faith stories...and look forward to praying for you as you proceed. May you continue to be a blessing to others as you share your faith, humor, and life. Oh..and happy birthday! Love, Susie

Melisochka said...

Happy belated birthday friend!

I'm so excited for you, the adventures, the ups and downs, basically, the faith journey has been so fun to read and feel as though I'm part of it.

Safe travels and take care, love and hugs!
Melissa

Unknown said...

Hey Erika!
This is Trishelle Edwards!! :) I've meant to email you several times while you've been traveling but never got around to it. I just wanted you to know that your journey, and this blog has been such an encouragement to me!! I've read so many of your posts - haven't been so good about reading them lately... :) - but I felt like I was traveling with you in the beginning of your travels in South America to bungee jumping! You are an incredible woman of the Lord, and I would love for Chad and I to meet up with you when you get back. I am praying for you, dear!
In the Lord's powerful love,
Trishelle